The Financial Aid and Awards Office, under the portfolio of the Director, MD Admissions & Student Finances, provides a variety of services to MD Program students to assist them with the management of all aspects of their finances. Information is shared with students through various means including the following:
- Personal counselling: confidential one-on-one meetings regarding individual student financial circumstances. Students are invited to contact the office for further information or to make an appointment.
- Webinars and other web-based resources (e.g. the “Financial aid webinar”).
- Sessions during Orientation Week
- An annual Town Hall for students in all years of the program
- A session during the Transition to Residency course in fourth year.
The Financial Aid and Awards Office provides information on many topics, including:
Including scholarships and awards, federal and provincial loans and grants, Temerty Faculty of Medicine grants and bursaries, and professional student line of credit
Deferral of fee payment (PDF)
Students who have been granted provincial loan assistance are eligible to defer payment of fees until later in the fall term. Information on how to do this is available on the ACORN website (http://www.acorn.utoronto.ca).
Both individual appointments and group information sessions are available to help students manage their finances. Debt management information and resources also available on the website.