We belong to a diverse community of teachers and scholars committed to advancing medical education. Help us to recognize excellence across the education continuum by nominating peers, colleagues, mentors and mentees who are making a difference.
Teaching and education awards are granted each year in recognition of individual teachers’ excellent contributions. Internal awards are granted at the Department, Academy, program, and Faculty levels, and prestigious external awards are offered by the University of Toronto and various provincial, national, and international agencies.
MD Program Awards
- W. T. Aikins Awards: The W. T. Aikins awards are the Temerty Faculty of Medicine's most prestigious awards for sustained commitment and excellence in undergraduate teaching.
- Miriam Rossi Award for Health Equity in Undergraduate Medical Education: The Miriam Rossi award for Health Equity in undergraduate medical education aims to recognize Unversity of Toronto MD Program faculty members for their commitment to diversity and health equity.
- Norman Rosenblum Award for Excellence in Mentorship in the MD/PhD Program: The Norman Rosenblum award recognizes excellence in mentorship in the MD/PhD Program. In particular, the award recognizes staff or faculty members who exhibit an exemplary level of leadership and commitment to mentorship and role modeling for MD/PhD students in the Temerty Faculty of Medicine.
- Excellence in Resource Stewardship Teaching Award in the MD Program: The Excellence in Resource Stewardship Teaching Award was established in 2021. The award recognizes faculty members and postgraduate trainees (residents and fellows) who effectively mentor learners in concepts of resource stewardship and demonstrate exemplary resource stewardship in their own clinical practices.
For details, see: https://md.utoronto.ca/teaching-and-education-awards
Medical Alumni Association Awards
The Medical Alumni Association (MAA) presents awards and prizes to both students and faculty members at the Convocation Banquet and throughout the year in recognition of clinical and academic excellence. Most MAA award decisions are made by the Undergraduate Awards Committee. For more information, please visit contact the MAA.
For information about Departmental, Academy, and Program awards, please visit each unit’s webpage.
Faculty-wide awards are granted in the following areas:
- Undergraduate Medical Education
- Undergraduate Teaching in the Life Sciences
- Integrated Medical Education (Community Teaching Awards)
- Graduate Education
- Postgraduate Education
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
For more information about internal awards, please visit: http://www.medicine.utoronto.ca/faculty-staff/faculty-presented-internal-awards
To learn more about teaching awards at the Temerty Faculty of Medicine, please visit: http://www.medicine.utoronto.ca/faculty-staff/faculty-medicine-teaching-awards or contact the Education and Teaching Awards Coordinator for Temerty Medicine at (416) 946–3921 or by e-mail at EduDeans@utoronto.ca.